- Americans eat hamburgers, apple pie, fruit roll ups, and the occasional thimbleberry.
- Despite what everyone thinks, we (or I, at least) are not the typical face-stuffing obese man who eats at McDonald’s for every meal. I think it’s fair to say that although we don’t have our own distinct food tradition, we (or at least I) eat pretty well.
- Parisians eat croissants, duck, and chocolate.
- This is extremely accurate, except that crepes were forgotten.
- Peruvian people eat Mexican food.
- NO. When I was in Peru, one of the guys in our tour group ordered a guinea pig. Yes, you read it right, guinea pig (called Cui, in the Peruvian language). I know what you’re thinking, but no, this was not the Snuggles you saw at Petco. This was like a small dog. And, yes, I did taste a piece. And yes, it was slightly disgusting. All I’ll say is: if you like salty chicken, then Snuggles is your kind of meal.
- Mexicans eat Cafe Rio.
- I hate to break it to you, but Cafe Rio doesn’t really count as Mexican food. ***DISCLAIMER: this blog post is not meant to offend any member of the Cafe Rio family or its food. I love Cafe Rio with a fiery passion and I would kill to eat it for every meal.*** Anyway, when we went to Mexico I ate:
- The best guacamole in the universe
- An empanada made from God’s tears
- Ceviche. Oh.
- And an assortment of other things. It’s weird though, I didn’t see one Cafe Rio.
- Hawaiians eat flowers.
- I truly hope you're smart enough to see the flaws in this statement.
- In Canada they drink maple syrup for breakfast.
- I don’t know for sure, but I think that Canadians would be morbidly obese by now if this were the case. I think I’ve shared this before, but Canadian ice cream is prime.
|Behold, Snuggles. I'm sorry. I had to.|
Wherever you are, food is a huge piece of culture, and I think it’s super cool to be able to take that experience with me when I leave a place. Now please excuse me while I go eat Cafe Rio.
P.S: Today in my geography class my teacher brought in a jar of Vegemite (which is Australian) for us all to try. I gagged and spit it out. Imagine salty fish in liquid form. My ginger cousins eat it on a sandwich. *cringe*